Five Word Story! Please come Play!

A forum for NaNoWriMo veterans, anyone who is working on a book, or would like to! Share your story ideas, advice, experiences, or even your works in progress. Today's quote: "Writing has laws of perspective, of light and shade, just as painting does or music. If you were born knowing them, fine. It not, learn them. Then rearrange the rules to suit yourself." -- Truman Capote
Okamisan
Site Admin

Five Word Story! Please come Play!

Postby Okamisan » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:15 pm

Hi everyone! Now that the Teahouse is back in working order and the fumigation tent has been cleared away, I thought it might be fun to start a couple of writing-related exercises, just to give everyone a chance to have some fun and stretch our creative muscles.

Here's how it works: I'll start off a story with five words. Each person subsequently posts an additional five words to continue the narrative. Your five words don't have to be a complete sentence. It's quite possible to even finish one sentence and start a new one within your five words. Let it go wherever your fancy takes you. In my experience, this can (and probably will) get rather silly pretty quick. :jester:

So here we go:

She dusted off the old ...
If you've got eyes to rhythmatize / Bring your flat hat and your ax / 'Cause tonight at ten / We'll be working again / At the teahouse on the tracks
--Donald Fagen, "Teahouse on the Tracks," from the album Kamakiriad

Return to “A Novel Idea”