Into the Dragon's Den -- For Margery & Kir

For stories in the universe of Doctor Who, using the RPG rules from Cubicle 7.
Okamisan
Site Admin

Into the Dragon's Den -- For Margery & Kir

Postby Okamisan » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:15 pm

Margery:

After Lady Chrysalis was rescued and regenerated, she needed help to find a safe location to rebuild her Hospice, a refuge for sentient TARDIS cores which have been stripped out of their housing and would have been left to die by the Time Lords but for her intervention. It was agreed that the group would split up to cover a greater area. Harlan and Bryncat went one way in Harlan's TARDIS, while you, Lightbeam and Kir have accompanied Chrysalis in hers.

You make planetfall on a world the databanks refer to Tephath, which as Chrysalis makes a scan appears to have little in the way of advanced technology; but she notes one very strange reading -- "Some kind of temporal anomaly, possibly even the traces of a dynamorphic generator ... it could point to something very useful for us." Before she can elaborate further, some kind of alarm goes off on the opposite side of the console. She hurries to check it then looks to you. "I need to go back to Gallifrey right away ... there's another core headed for the scrap queue. If I can get back quickly enough, I'll be able to save it. Would you and your friend be willing to stay here and explore a little while I do? If I play this right, I'll be back almost as soon as you realize I'm gone."
If you've got eyes to rhythmatize / Bring your flat hat and your ax / 'Cause tonight at ten / We'll be working again / At the teahouse on the tracks
--Donald Fagen, "Teahouse on the Tracks," from the album Kamakiriad
CyberIstari
Artisan
Artisan

Re: Into the Dragon's Den -- For Margery & Kir

Postby CyberIstari » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:40 am

Even if it was mostly just hearsay, Margery knew that was sometimes easier said than done, even with a fully functional TARDIS, but she had only a bit of trepidation. I'm fine with that. Kir? What do you say?"

( :dalek: Just because. ;))
Okamisan
Site Admin

Postby Okamisan » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:50 pm

Kir is perfectly fine with the idea of exploring -- in fact, the moment the TARDIS door opens, she's out and almost out of sight.

You step out with Lightbeam, who stretches and flaps his wings a few times with a sound that's almost like a yowl, but you have come to realize is an expression of profound pleasure. It feels so good to stretch, he tells you, confirming what you had already guessed.

The landscape is a series of rolling hills, cut through by a small river. You are halfway up one hillside. In the distance, in the valley between the hillsides, you can see a small village, its buildings clustered on either side of the riverbank. It looks like there are pastures, farm fields and orchards on the hillsides surrounding the village, though none reach quite so far as where you are. It's the middle of the afternoon; the sun is warm and the conditions of the fields and orchards suggest late spring or early summer, at least from this distance.

Chrysalis' TARDIS fades out of sight, and Lightbeam looks to you. I think we're on our own, you and I, he says. What shall we do?
If you've got eyes to rhythmatize / Bring your flat hat and your ax / 'Cause tonight at ten / We'll be working again / At the teahouse on the tracks
CyberIstari
Artisan
Artisan

Postby CyberIstari » Mon May 05, 2014 2:27 pm

"Look for that anomaly, I suppose. Though we might as well enjoy the day." She smiled.
Okamisan
Site Admin

Postby Okamisan » Tue May 06, 2014 9:26 pm

I could take a look around from the air, Lightbeam suggests. That would cover both things -- for me, anyway. His thought turns wistful. I wish I was grown, so I could take you up with me.
CyberIstari
Artisan
Artisan

Postby CyberIstari » Sun May 11, 2014 4:40 am

"Soon enough. Go on."
Okamisan
Site Admin

Postby Okamisan » Sun May 11, 2014 3:01 pm

He crouches and then leaps aloft, gaining altitude swiftly with strong beats of his wings. A few hundred feet up, he glides, doing several broad circles.

I don't see any other signs of sentients, he says. There's a hilltop a few kilometers away -- maybe ten -- which looks like it might have burned, but probably a long time ago. And ... wait ... He circles lower. Downslope from where you are, between you and the village, there's something on the hill. A box. Bright blue.
CyberIstari
Artisan
Artisan

Postby CyberIstari » Tue May 13, 2014 2:54 pm

Blue box. Blue. "Ah... How big is the box?"
Okamisan
Site Admin

Postby Okamisan » Tue May 13, 2014 3:54 pm

He circles lower, disappearing beneath the brow of the hill, presumably landing in order to get a closer look.

It is a little taller than you are, and a little wider. It looks like it has small windows near the top, but I can't see through them. And there is writing on it, but I cannot read it. Writing above the windows, and more in a panel below one of them.
CyberIstari
Artisan
Artisan

Postby CyberIstari » Sat May 17, 2014 8:55 am

"Stay right there! Right with the box, I'm coming!"

Return to “Doctor Who: Adventures In Time and Space”