Into the Dragon's Den -- For Margery & Kir

For stories in the universe of Doctor Who, using the RPG rules from Cubicle 7.
Okamisan
Site Admin

Re: Into the Dragon's Den -- For Margery & Kir

Postby Okamisan » Sun May 18, 2014 10:27 pm

You charge down the slope, which is rather steep in a few places, until you come to the spot where Lightbeam is sitting on his haunches in front of what appears to indeed be an old London police box, of the sort that was commonplace a hundred years ago or so. And is known to you as a member of UNIT for entirely different reasons. :)

What is it? What does it mean? Lightbeam asks, clearly recognizing your excitement.

But before you can answer, the door of the police box opens, and a young man steps out. He is fairly tall -- right around six feet -- with brown hair, wearing a blue suit, extremely long brown coat and -- rather incongruously -- red high-top sneakers. His face lights up as he sees you. "Oh, hallo! A human and a ... a dragon? Sorry, I probably should recognize your species but I don't. Been traveling. A lot."
If you've got eyes to rhythmatize / Bring your flat hat and your ax / 'Cause tonight at ten / We'll be working again / At the teahouse on the tracks
--Donald Fagen, "Teahouse on the Tracks," from the album Kamakiriad
CyberIstari
Artisan
Artisan

Postby CyberIstari » Tue May 20, 2014 11:04 am

"Kolnak. This is Lightbeam, and I'm Margery Ayala, Lieutenant, detatched to UNIT. Well, I was. I sort of... wandered off." She did resist saluting, just.
Okamisan
Site Admin

Postby Okamisan » Wed May 21, 2014 4:16 pm

"Wandered rather a long way, I'd say, Margery Ayala of UNIT. Tephath is quite a ways from Earth -- or Vatar II, for that matter. Travel broadens the mind though, doesn't it? Headed anywhere in particular at the moment? We could walk down to the village together, if you like."
If you've got eyes to rhythmatize / Bring your flat hat and your ax / 'Cause tonight at ten / We'll be working again / At the teahouse on the tracks
CyberIstari
Artisan
Artisan

Postby CyberIstari » Thu May 22, 2014 3:52 pm

"It's a good place to start - we were looking for a temporal anomaly."
Okamisan
Site Admin

Postby Okamisan » Thu May 29, 2014 1:15 pm

"Ah, I see. Hope it wasn't me!" He turns and locks the TARDIS door, and sets off down the slope in the direction of the village. "I'm the Doctor, by the way. Although I get the impression you already knew that."
CyberIstari
Artisan
Artisan

Postby CyberIstari » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:46 am

"Rather, yes sir. It's in the training. And unless you were just in the village, it wasn't you."
Okamisan
Site Admin

Postby Okamisan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:44 pm

"Not yet, only just arrived," the Doctor says. "Well, that is interesting. Wondered why I ended up here. The TARDIS does have a nose for that sort of thing, though."

Lightbeam follows a short distance behind you, wings folded and walking on his hind feet.

It doesn't take long for you to reach the village, though the shadows are already starting to lengthen. The village has a distinctly medieval feel about it, and you see quite a few people walking about, children playing on the street, and the like -- until they see the three of you, at which point everything gets very quiet. The people almost immediately flee into their homes, snatching up their children along the way. All you can catch are a few snatches of "It's come in the day! Why would it do that?"

The Doctor stops short and looks around the suddenly deserted street. "Well. Not sure what to make of that. Now how can we find someone to talk to?"
CyberIstari
Artisan
Artisan

Postby CyberIstari » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:05 am

"That's almost enough to give someone a complex." She glanced at Lightbeam - she could see that certain times on Earth would be... difficult to visit.
Okamisan
Site Admin

Postby Okamisan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:05 am

Were they talking about me? But we've never been here before. And am I really that frightening? Lightbeam seems both puzzled and troubled.

"I'm sure it's nothing personal," the Doctor says, offering him a pat on the snout. "Though I agree with your friend, it would be easy to get a complex in this kind of atmosphere." He pauses and looks around. "Let's have a look in there," he suggests, pointing to a signboard that would suggest a tavern or inn. "With ready access to liquid courage, perhaps they'll be more willing to talk to us."
CyberIstari
Artisan
Artisan

Postby CyberIstari » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:15 am

Margary nods. To Lightbeam she says, "Do you want to go in, or wait out here?"

Return to “Doctor Who: Adventures In Time and Space”