In the Forge

Archive of inactive, closed threads.
Okamisan
Site Admin

In the Forge

Postby Okamisan » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:31 pm

At the end of the last session, it was agreed to split the party (uh oh!) :) Katanya and River were going to take a walk around the village, to make sure everyone was safe; while Harlan and Lord Starling were going to the forge with Tsubaki's father, the village blacksmith.

You follow Sanryo to the forge. It is, to both of your eyes, quite a primitive affair, but it is neat and clearly well-ordered. The fire in the forge is low but well banked, and Sanryo starts raking it out and building it up as he asks, "Please explain to me what it is you need me to make."
If you've got eyes to rhythmatize / Bring your flat hat and your ax / 'Cause tonight at ten / We'll be working again / At the teahouse on the tracks
--Donald Fagen, "Teahouse on the Tracks," from the album Kamakiriad
DarkKarma0
Artisan
Artisan

Re: In the Forge

Postby DarkKarma0 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:06 pm

Harlan takes off his coat and starts rolling up his sleeves. "We need metal stakes -- several, as many as we can get, about waist-high. Made of copper, if you have it. Or iron. We're going to stake them into the ground around your village for protection."
Joe Medina
Okamisan
Site Admin

Postby Okamisan » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:37 pm

"I have copper, but not enough to make more than one or two stakes such as you describe. How thick? About the size of my thumb, perhaps? Perhaps we could make them of iron and wrap them in a thin layer of copper? I sometimes make cooking pots and kettles in such a way; it can be very effective."
If you've got eyes to rhythmatize / Bring your flat hat and your ax / 'Cause tonight at ten / We'll be working again / At the teahouse on the tracks
--Donald Fagen, "Teahouse on the Tracks," from the album Kamakiriad
DarkKarma0
Artisan
Artisan

Postby DarkKarma0 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:06 am

"Yeah, that'll work!" Harlan says. He loosens his tie, slips it over his head, and tucks it into his coat pocket. "A really basic lightning rod. That's all we need. I just hope those psychovores aren't packing more than the average lightning strike. Now -- I'm not much of a blacksmith, but I'll help where I can. Those creatures could be back any minute!"

Return to “Archive”