Home, But Not Home -- Harlan and Lord Starling

Archive of inactive, closed threads.
Okamisan
Site Admin

Re: Home, But Not Home -- Harlan and Lord Starling

Postby Okamisan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:01 pm

The stealthiest way into town is going to be on foot. If Rufus wants to carry the SCHEME along, he can probably find a large satchel or carpetbag to pack it into.

You've learned that at least one person believed to be part of the resistance is Bothwick Munson, the Cameron family's solicitor. He still lives in the same building as his offices, near the outskirts of town.
If you've got eyes to rhythmatize / Bring your flat hat and your ax / 'Cause tonight at ten / We'll be working again / At the teahouse on the tracks
--Donald Fagen, "Teahouse on the Tracks," from the album Kamakiriad
DarkKarma0
Artisan
Artisan

Postby DarkKarma0 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:08 am

"Bothwick Munson? Does that ring a bell, my Lord Starling?" Harlan asks. "Do you know anything about the gentleman? I mean, assuming he is a gentleman. Any chance of another electrolytic capacitor? Making the last one was a little fun."
Joe Medina
Starling
Honored Guest
Honored Guest

Postby Starling » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:40 pm

I agree. Perhaps (DM your call) there is a signal I could send Julia that only she would understand and know it was from me?
Okamisan
Site Admin

Postby Okamisan » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:55 pm

Harlan, there are definitely enough parts around to permit building another electrolytic capacitor.

Lord Starling: You don't know the Cameron family solicitor, Bothwick Munson, all that well, though you've probably met him on a few social occasions. He might have even talked you out of suing your cousin once, after one or another of her earlier "antics." All that you know says that he's a decent, honorable and ethical fellow.

Also, I would say yes, there's a number of things you can refer to in a message to Julia which she would recognize, and know such a message could only be from you.
If you've got eyes to rhythmatize / Bring your flat hat and your ax / 'Cause tonight at ten / We'll be working again / At the teahouse on the tracks
Starling
Honored Guest
Honored Guest

Postby Starling » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:15 pm

The Message...

:dalek: Dimples called he would like his death ray back...

:shrug:
DarkKarma0
Artisan
Artisan

Postby DarkKarma0 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:42 pm

Harlan looks up from his latest build, making out the message. And blinks. "Well... she'll know it couldn't be anyone else."
Joe Medina
Okamisan
Site Admin

Postby Okamisan » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:53 am

Okay! I'd like to be clear on what your plan is from here. Contact Julia and try to talk to her right off? Or contact her, but talk to the resistance (via Bothwick Munson) first?

And is there anything further you wanted to do before setting out?
DarkKarma0
Artisan
Artisan

Postby DarkKarma0 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:12 am

I think we were going to do the latter, to approach the resistance first -- then contact Julia.

And if I can, I'm tempted to make a smaller EMP device. An anti-personnel grenade of sorts that can magnetize onto a Cyberman and recharge over time, like the one in "The Age of Steel/Rise of the Cybermen"? Just pushing my luck.
Joe Medina
Okamisan
Site Admin

Postby Okamisan » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:16 am

I'm going to ask for a Jiggery-Pokery roll on that one. Give me an Ingenuity+Technology roll, difficulty 15, and spend one Story Point.

I should also note that the gadget building, etc. will take you fairly long into the day, but if you wanted to sneak into town under cover of darkness, it's just as well!
DarkKarma0
Artisan
Artisan

Postby DarkKarma0 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:47 pm

Okay, my roll is 17. And I have 4 story points left.
Joe Medina

Return to “Archive”