Welcome to the new Teahouse!

News and announcements from the Okamisan. Board members can also post news and announcements here!
Okamisan
Site Admin

Welcome to the new Teahouse!

Postby Okamisan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:41 pm

I'd like to extend the warmest of welcomes to all members of the board, whether you're a veteran from one of the Teahouse's two previous locations, or someone new just coming to check things out. Things will be changing for a while as I get used to the workings of the new board software -- the Forumer version of the Teahouse ran on Invision PowerBoard, while this new location is running on PHPBB3, one of the latest and most powerful programs of its kind out there. Please bear with me on the changes, and feel free to offer advice, suggestions or even your wish list for what you want to see and do here. Without you, this place is just the four virtual walls, and that gets pretty lonely.

Step inside (don't forget to leave your shoes at the door!) and make yourselves at home. Enjoy!

sincerely,
Your Okamisan
If you've got eyes to rhythmatize / Bring your flat hat and your ax / 'Cause tonight at ten / We'll be working again / At the teahouse on the tracks
--Donald Fagen, "Teahouse on the Tracks," from the album Kamakiriad
CyberIstari
Artisan
Artisan

Re: Welcome to the new Teahouse!

Postby CyberIstari » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:15 pm

Looks nice! :D
seian
Honored Guest
Honored Guest

Postby seian » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:01 pm

Nice to see it up and running again! I hate bringing it up, but will you be changing the theme at all? Unfortunately I have a very hard time looking at websites with dark backgrounds for more than a couple minutes at a time. Eyes are really sensitive to it, for some reason, so I haven't been browsing as much as I'd like. :( I'm sorry!
Okamisan
Site Admin

Postby Okamisan » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:41 pm

I'm sorry it's been causing you trouble! As a matter of fact I have been considering shifting to another theme which wouldn't have the dark background. As an additional benefit, it would allow me to resume using the lovely header image you created for the last installation of the Teahouse. :)

It may take a few more days, as I'm going to be working some very long days for the next week or so, but I will prioritize that change in my Teahouse work. Thank you for letting me know!
If you've got eyes to rhythmatize / Bring your flat hat and your ax / 'Cause tonight at ten / We'll be working again / At the teahouse on the tracks
--Donald Fagen, "Teahouse on the Tracks," from the album Kamakiriad

Return to “Leave Your Shoes Here”